2014 - 2020
Doctoral student, the Dept. of Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies, Hebrew University, Jerusalem. PhD dissertation: Identity Poetics: Society, Culture, Identity and Gender in Saudi Arabia through the Prism of the Saudi Novel, 1980-2000. Supervisors: Prof. Elie Podeh, Prof. Fruma Zachs and Prof. Muhammad Al-Atawneh.
2007 - 2011
MA student, Dept. of Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies, Hebrew University. Cum laude. MA thesis: The Other Shia: A Study of the Writings of Ahmad al-Katib. Supervisors: Prof. Meir Bar-Asher and Prof. Meir Hatina
2004 - 2007
BA student, Dept. of Arabic Language and Literature and the Dept. of Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies, Hebrew University. Magna cum laude.
8/2022 - present
Minerva Stiftung Postdoctoral Fellow, Leibniz-Zentrum Moderner Orient (ZMO), Berlin. Research title: A Tale of City and Village: Entangled Rural-Urban Relations and Social Change in Saudi Arabia.
10/2021 - 8/2022
Postdoctoral Fellow, Dept. of Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies, University of Haifa. Research title: Representations of masculinity in the Saudi novel.
2007 - 2021
Research fellow, translator, and analyst of Arabic media, The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI), Tel-Aviv.
2010 - 2018
Lecturer and Teaching Assistant, "Introduction to the History of the Muslim Peoples," Dept. of Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies, Hebrew University.
2014 - 2016
Teaching Assistant, "The Middle East in the 20th century," Dept. of Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies, Hebrew University.
2005 - 2007
Research Assistant to Prof. Gabriel Rosenbaum, Department of Arabic Language and Literature, Hebrew University.
Member of the Egypt Researchers Forum, Tel Aviv University.
Member of the Translators Forum and Project “Maktoob” for the translation of Arabic literature into Hebrew, The Van Leer Institute.
Member of the Association for Middle East Women’s Studies (AMEWS).
Member of the Middle East & Islamic Studies Association of Israel.
Reviewer for: The Israeli Journal of Humour Research.
- Hebrew: Native
- English: Fluent
- Arabic: Fluent (Modern Standard Arabic and Colloquial Arabic, mainly Egyptian, Palestinian, and Saudi)
- French: Advanced
- Spanish: Intermediate
- Turkish: Intermediate
- Faculty of Humanities dean’s list for three consecutive years due to academic excellence and recipient of the dean’s scholarship (2005-2007).
- Full scholarship and stipend from the Faculty of Humanities due to academic excellence throughout MA studies (2007-2011).
- "Gilutz" scholarship of the Harry S. Truman Institute for the Advancement of Peace, for excellent MA students in the field of Middle Eastern Studies (2010-2011).
- The Inbar Foundation Prize (2015) for research in the field of terrorism and counterterrorism.
- Excellent Lecturer Award on behalf of the "Avnei Pina" Program of the Hebrew University for the 2010-2011, 2011-2012 academic years.
- Appeared on the list of excellent lecturers of the Faculty of Humanities, the Hebrew University, 2015-2016, and 2017-2018 academic years.
- The “Yad Ora” Foundation Scholarship (2018) for excellent PhD students in the field of Middle Eastern Studies.
- The “Hava Lazaros Yaffe” Prize (2018) for excellent PhD students in the field of Middle Eastern Studies and Arabic Language and Literature.
- The “Gil’ad Bartov” Prize (2020) for excellent PhD students, The Institute of Asian and African Studies, Hebrew University.
- Honorable mention from the Middle East & Islamic Studies Association of Israel (MEISAI) for PhD dissertation (2021).
- Giladi, E. (2022): “'And Never the Twain Shall Meet'? The Western Other in the Saudi Novel and the Negative Construction of Saudi Identity”, British Journal of Middle Eastern Studies.
- Giladi, E. (2022): “The Ideal Muslim Woman in the Saudi Novel: Idealism, Counter-Idealism, Realism” Middle Eastern Studie.
- Giladi, E. (2021): “From Nasser to al-Sīsī: Politicization, Personality Cult and Army Adulation in Egyptian Children's Periodicals,” Oriente Moderno 101.1, 94-114.
- Giladi, E. (2018): “The New Shi’a? a Study of the Writings of Ahmad Al-Katib,” Journal for Interdisciplinary Middle Eastern Studies 3, 5-35.
- Giladi, E. (2017): “Children’s Periodicals and Politics in Egypt: The Relationship between the Samir Magazine and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, 2013-2016.” HaMizrach HeHadash (The New East) 56, 101-124. (Hebrew)
- Giladi, E. (2013): “Comics as a Tool for Shaping Collective Consciousness in the Hands of Jihadists and Anti-Jihadists.” HaMizrach HeHadash (The New East) 52, 208-230. (Hebrew)
- Giladi, E. (2012): “The Weak Creature Called 'A Woman': Women and Gender in Saudi Arabia through the Eyes of Cartoonist ʿAbd al-Rahmān al-Zaharānī,” Gender 1, 79-102. (Hebrew)