All of ZMO’s vacancies are announced on the institute’s homepage and in its monthly newsletter. Please sign up for the newsletter here. We kindly ask you to refrain from unsolicited applications.
The following schemes are available at ZMO for external researchers:
- ZMO Visiting Research Fellowship: Duration of up to two months, via call or by invitation
- ZMO Guest Researcher: Duration of up to two months, by invitation only
- Associated Researcher: Researchers with third party funding can become associates of ZMO for an extended period of several months or years. The research application is the responsibility of the researcher, but requires prior approval from the directorate of ZMO. Applications will undergo an internal selection process. Successful applicants will receive a formal invitation and acceptance letter. In the past ZMO has successfully partnered with the following institutions:
- Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung
- Post-doctoral Fellowships in the Humanities departments of Universities and Research Institutes in the U.S. and Germany (VolkswagenStiftung)
- Europe in the Middle East – The Middle East in Europe
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst
- Gerda Henkel Stiftung
- Fritz Thyssen Stiftung
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft
In case of further questions on association, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please send a cover letter, project outline and CV at least six weeks prior to the intended submission date. For enquiries, please contact Dr. Stefan B. Kirmse, Research Coordinator of ZMO: stefan.kirmse(at)zmo.de.
There are two possibilities for internships at ZMO:
- In public relations or the library; Required qualifications: Advanced German and English language skills
- In one of the research units:
There are four research units at ZMO. If you are interested in a work placement in one of these, please read the information on them carefully. Explain in your application in which research area you are particularly interested. Required qualifications:
- Advanced English language skills
- Language skills in at least one language relevant for the research unit you are interested in
- Special interest in the topics of the research unit
As an intern at ZMO, you will be assigned a mentor. To be able to offer you such mentoring, we need your application at least six weeks before the start of your internship. Part-time internships are possible. The duration is between two and three months. Longer periods can only be granted if the internship is obligatory.
It is not possible for ZMO to remunerate internships. For further questions, please contact the research coordinator of the ZMO, Dr. Stefan B. Kirmse: stefan.kirmse(at)zmo.de.