All of ZMO’s vacancies are announced on the institute’s homepage and in its monthly newsletter. Please sign up for the newsletter here. We kindly ask you to refrain from unsolicited applications.
The following schemes are available at ZMO for external researchers:
- ZMO Visiting Research Fellowship: Duration of up to two months, via call or by invitation
- ZMO Guest Researcher: Duration of up to two months, by invitation only
- Associated Researcher: Researchers with third party funding can become associates of ZMO for an extended period of several months or years. The research application is the responsibility of the researcher, but requires prior approval from the directorate of ZMO. Applications (must include a CV and a research outline) will undergo an internal selection process at ZMO. Successful applicants will then receive a formal invitation and acceptance letter. In the past ZMO has successfully partnered with the following institutions:
In case of further questions on association, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please send a cover letter, project outline and CV at least six weeks prior to the intended submission date. For enquiries, please contact PD Dr. Stefan B. Kirmse, Research Coordinator of ZMO: stefan.kirmse(at)zmo.de.
Please note that we are currently only allowed to accept interns who are required to complete an internship as part of their university degree. Furthermore, we require proof that an internship is required in the course of study.
There are two possibilities for internships at ZMO:
- In knowledge transfer or the library; Required qualifications: Advanced German and English language skills
- In one of the research units:
There are five research units at ZMO. If you are interested in a work placement in one of these, please read the information on them carefully. Explain in your application in which research unit you are particularly interested. Required qualifications:
- Advanced English language skills
- Language skills in at least one language relevant for the research unit you are interested in
- Special interest in the topics of the research unit
As an intern at ZMO, you will be assigned a mentor. To be able to offer you such mentoring, we need your application at least six weeks before the start of your internship. Part-time internships are possible, the overall duration is usually between two and three months.
It is not possible for ZMO to remunerate internships. For further questions, please contact the research coordinator of ZMO, PD Dr. Stefan B. Kirmse: stefan.kirmse(at)zmo.de.