2022: The ‘Church of Islam’: Esotericism, Orientalism, and Religious Origin Myths in Colonial South Asia, Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society, 24:1.
2022: “Din and Dunya in Colonial South Asia”, co-authored with Sohaib Ali, in: Special Issue on Din and Dunya in the Muslim World, ed. by Abdoulaye Sounaye (in preparation)
2020: (As Maria-Magdalena Fuchs) With Simon Wolfgang Fuchs, “Religious Minorities in Pakistan: Identities, Citizenship and Social Belonging”, Introduction for a special section of South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies, 43:1, 52-67.
2016: (As Maria-Magdalena Fuchs) “The Public Sphere in South Asia: A Review Essay”, Suedasien-Chronik.
2016: (As Maria-Magdalena Fuchs) “Walking a Tightrope: The Jesuit Robert Bütler and Muslim-Christian Dialogue in Pakistan”, Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations.
2022: “Barakat Ullah, 1891-1972”, Encyclopedia on Christian-Muslim Relations, 1500-1900 (Brill)(accepted for publication)
2022: Megan Eaton Robb, Print and the Urdu Public: Muslims, Newspapers, and Urban Life in Colonial India, Comparative Islamic Studies (summer 2022)
2020: M. Raisur Rahman, Locale, Everyday Islam and Modernity: Qasbah Towns and Muslim Life in Colonial India, Studia Islamica, 115, pp. 149-301.
2020: Deanna Ferree Womack, Protestants, Gender and the Arab Renaissance in Late Ottoman Syria, American Journal of Islamic Social Sciences
2017: Ian Talbot/Tahir Kamran, Colonial Lahore: A History of the City and Beyond, Pakistan Journal of Historical Studies.
- Member of the American Institute for Pakistan Studies
- Member of the Deutsche Morgenländische Gesellschaft
- Member of the Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschaft Vorderer Orient
- Pakistan: about 14 months of language training, extensive archival research, talks and presentations, and collaborations with local scholars, research institutions and civil society organizations
- Syria and Lebanon: 2 months of Arabic language training and practice, travel, and cultural immersion
- Iran: 4 weeks of travel and cultural immersion
- German: Native Speaker
- English: Advanced
- Urdu/Hindi: Advanced
- French: Reading Knowledge
- Persian: Basic Reading Knowledge
- Modern Arabic: Basic Reading Knowledge