2020: With Simon Wolfgang Fuchs, “Religious Minorities in Pakistan: Identities, Citizenship and Social Belonging”, Introduction for a special section of South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies, 43:1, 52-67.
2016: “The Public Sphere in South Asia: A Review Essay”, Suedasien-Chronik.
2016: “Walking a Tightrope: The Jesuit Robert Bütler and Muslim-Christian Dialogue in Pakistan”, Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations.
2020: M. Raisur Rahman, “Locale, Everyday Islam and Modernity: Qasbah Towns and Muslim Life in Colonial India”, Studia Islamica, 115, pp. 149-301.
2020: Deanna Ferree Womack, “Protestants, Gender and the Arab Renaissance in Late Ottoman Syria”, American Journal of Islamic Social Sciences
2017: Ian Talbot/Tahir Kamran, “Colonial Lahore: A History of the City and Beyond”, Pakistan Journal of Historical Studies.
- Member of the American Institute for Pakistan Studies
- Member of the Deutsche Morgenländische Gesellschaft
- Member of the Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschaft Vorderer Orient
- Pakistan: about 14 months of language training, extensive archival research, talks and presentations, and collaborations with local scholars, research institutions and civil society organizations
- Syria and Lebanon: 2 months of Arabic language training and practice, travel, and cultural immersion
- Iran: 4 weeks of travel and cultural immersion
- German: Native Speaker
- English: Advanced
- Urdu/Hindi: Advanced
- French: Reading Knowledge
- Persian: Basic Reading Knowledge
- Modern Arabic: Basic Reading Knowledge